Protect Yourself From Debit Card Fraud
- Guard your card and PIN
- Never give card and PIN to anyone
- Download the Card Nav App on your mobile device for early detection
- Sign up for online banking to monitor your account
- Review account statements regularly
- Report lost or stolen card immediately by calling (575) 829-3366
Suspected Account Fraud
If you suspect fraud on your account follow these steps:
- Call JVCU to verify transactions
- Close debit card and order new card
- If fraudulent charges have posted (not pending, but posted) you have 60 days to come into Credit Union to dispute the charges
Never hesitate to call us with questions at (575) 829-3366
Beware Of Scams
Know that city, state or federal government, including the IRS, WILL NOT call you for any personal information or demands for money.
Targets military families with overseas soldiers, claiming they are in trouble and need money
If someone is in jail, that person will call or a bail bondsman will call. Police WILL NOT call to demand money for release.
If a pop-up window appears stating you have a virus with a phone number to call for removal, DO NOT call that number. Take your computer to a computer expert you trust for help.
Questions? Ask us! We are here to help