On September 7, 2017 Equifax Inc. announced a cybersecurity incident potentially impacting over 143 million U.S. consumers. Criminals exploited an Equifax website vulnerability to gain access to confidential files. Based on the company’s investigation, the unauthorized access occurred from mid-May through July 2017. Information stolen included full name, address, social security number, and date of birth.
Protect Yourself From Debit Card Fraud
- Guard your card and PIN
- Never give card and PIN to anyone
- Download the Card Nav App on your mobile device for early detection
- Sign up for online banking to monitor your account
- Review account statements regularly
- Report lost or stolen card immediately by calling (575) 829-3366